St James Church
With entrances on both Park Lane and Warwick Street, the present church dedicated to St James the Apostle was built in the 14th century. It is constructed of Lias limestone and red sand-stone and consists of a nave, chancel, aisles and north and south porches, and a west tower with spire. The clerestory of sixteen windows was added, possibly, in the late 15th century. The first dedication is in a Papal dispensation dated 16 July 1359. In 2004 the pews were removed from the nave and aisles, and a new York stone floor was laid throughout.
This friendly church has three Sunday services and various weekday meetings and groups. For the latest news and updates on what’s happening see the Church Bulletin on the website. All are very welcome to come and join us.