Ladbroke is one of the smallest parishes in Warwickshire. The village occupies the land near the Lot Brook (from which it gets its name) and is in one of the quietest and least populated areas in the county. The population, fewer than 300, is not much greater than in 1086 as recorded in the Domesday Book. There are several fine buildings in the village, notably Ladbroke Hall and All Saints’ Church, whose fine spire can be seen from miles around. In 1981 Ladbroke was officially designated an area of special architectural or historic interest and part of it was declared a Conservation Area to preserve its particular character. The main area of the parish, however, is agricultural land. It is mainly under arable crops, and ancient ridge and furrow patterns can be seen in a number of fields showing a long history of cultivation.
The village may be quiet but it is not inactive. The Parish Council meets regularly and hosts an Annual Village Meeting, a regular event since 1896. The village hall hosts a variety of activities such as a photography club, Womens Institute, whist drives, film nights, and one-off events such as pantomimes and band gigs. The church has a small but active congregation. The Bell Inn, with its good food and welcoming atmosphere, is busy much of the week. We used to have a post office and school but they are long gone; Southam now provides for most day-to-day needs and we don’t have too far to go to bigger centres such as Leamington or Banbury.