This photographic workshop offers participants the chance to develop their studio lighting techniques. The day begins by looking at how to set up the studio and position the car, illustrating ways to achieve the best composition and lighting. Key techniques covered during the workshop include:
- Setting up lights and backdrops for a portable studio
- Operation of studio lights and setting up your camera to work with them
- Working with white and black backgrounds
- Using light modifiers and accessories, including Softbox
- Creating or reducing shadow with reflectors
- Lighting set ups with one, two, and three lights
Workshop tutor, Garry Tyler is an experienced Studio photographer who runs PGD Photography Studios. His knowledge of studio equipment is second to none.
Workshop level: Intermediate to advanced amateur photographers wanting to learn the basics of studio photography. This workshop is the perfect addition to complement skills you have learnt in previous ‘Cars through the Lens’ workshops.
Suitable Cameras: DSLR, Bridge
Group Size: Max. 6 tickets
Workshop times: Saturday 17 November 10.30am – 4.30pm
£75 per person and includes course, morning coffee, and entry to the Museum and Collections Centre. Booking essential.
Please note: lunch is not provided but there is a café, or you are welcome to bring your own packed lunch.
Book online below or call 01926 649649 Monday – Friday 11am – 4pm (£2.50 admin fee applies).