Ufton is a small village situated 2.5 miles west of Southam and approximately 5 miles from Leamington Spa on the main Northampton to Warwick Road (A425).
On the southern edge of the parish the ground is approximately 400 ft above sea level, Ufton being in an elevated position looks out across what was the Forest of Arden. Ufton is a difficult name to explain, it is mentioned in the Long Itchington Charter as `wulluht graf` meaning Ufton Wood. In the Doomsday Book it is recorded as `Ulchtune` but since then has undergone many changes. Some think it stems from the Danish chief `Ulla` and `Tun` meaning fortified place.
Ufton once had its own windmill and the village has had many owners, including the Earl of Leofric (Lady Godiva`s husband 1043) and the Spencer family in 1674. More information and photographs of Ufton’s history can be found on the village website.
Ufton has its own Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) called Ufton Fields which is managed by the Warwickshire Wildlife Trust and maintained by contributions from local volunteers.